The Black Belt course is designed for personnel who have a problem-solving need in day-to-day management and operations and need a structured approach to problem solving. This 15- day modular course includes a practical introduction and then training on the full range of Six Sigma and Lean tools.
This program includes training on the advanced statistical tools required to execute the full range of Six Sigma DMAIC projects. Practical exercises and simulations are incorporated to provide a hands-on experience. The Black Belt course modules are:
- Lean Six Sigma Foundation (YB + GB)
- Change Management
- Statistics 1: Data Measurement Techniques
- Statistics 2: Data Analysis Techniques
- Black Belt Advanced
- Personnel who have a problem-solving need in day-to-day management and operations and need a structured approach to problem solving.
- Leaders considering embarking on a Lean and/or Six Sigma strategy.
- Departments or organizations that have been charged with implementation but do not have a good understanding of Lean and/or Six Sigma.
- Managers concerned with the status quo and interested in investigating options for productivity improvement, performance enhancement and organizational change.
- Get delegates to be able to work as leaders of Six Sigma DMAIC projects upon completion of this course.
- Be pioneers of change and improvement.
Day 1_AM – Measuring and Modeling Relationships Between Variables
- Correlation coefficient
- Multivariate Tools
- Multivari Studies
- Attributes Data Analysis
Day 1_PM – Improve: Design of Experiments
- Design Principles
- Planning Experiments
- One-Factor Experiments
- Two-Level Fractional Factorial Experiments
Day 2_AM – Improve: Design of Experiments
- Full-Factorial Experiments
- Plackett-Burmann Designs
Day 2_PM – Improve: Robust Design
- Response Surface Methodology
- Taguchi DOE
- Central Composite Designs
Day 3_AM – Problem Solving Methodologies and Tactical Thinking
- Global 8D Problem Solving Model
- TRIZ Inventive Problem Solving
- Kepner-Tregoe PSDM Model
Day 3_PM – DFSS Frameworks and Methodologies
- Design-for-X Suite of Tools
Day 4_AM – Lean Six Sigma Culture
- LSS Org. Roles and Responsibilities
- Team Building
- Facilitation Skills
- Change Dynamics and Management
Day 4_PM – Advanced Skillsets
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Training Skills
- Consultancy Skills
Day 5_AM-PM – Lean Six Sigma Deployment & Project Mgt
- Project Charter Reviewed
- Strategy Devt and Deployment
- Financial Appraisal Methods
- Benefits Review
The classroom version of LSS Black Belt transfers needed knowledge and skills to delegates via interactive lecture, group exercises, process and tool simulations, individual exercises and the application of learning to a real improvement project in the workplace.
In the classroom, our instructors are interesting and engaging, transferring knowledge from their extensive industry experience and thorough set of course content. Instructors also vigorously challenge students to stretch themselves, and support them in this regard, so they can extract the most value from the experience.